I’m a little afraid to share these, because I know I’ll be accountable for them. But I want to put my money where my mouth is. So here we go:
- Read through the Bible; memorize Scripture (and maintain it) every week.
- Lose 10 pounds a month (120 pounds total); this means my goal weight on 1/1/16 is 344 lbs or less.
- Take 4 weekend/overnight trips with my wife (1 per quarter, if possible).
- Pay off $25,000 in debt this year. (This one’s gonna be tough.) That comes out to $2,084 a month.
- Keep my promises to have dinner with people and catch up with old friends.
- Read only* books I currently own; read at least 2 per month (even during school).
- Produce 2500 words each week, either on this blog or offline, working on my own projects.
- Get all A’s in seminary this year.
Whew. Quite a list. Especially when you factor in marriage, work, ministry, and school. But I really feel like I’m ready to stretch myself this year. And I know I’m not going to hit them perfectly. Some weeks and months I won’t be able to hit these marks. But these will be the goals I’m shooting for and the benchmarks I want to surpass.
Your encouragements and prayers would be appreciated. I look forward to sharing this process with you. So…LET’S DO THIS!
Your Turn: Any new goals you want to set for the year? Share them below!
*The one exception is a book I got from the library on Saturday about procrastination and productivity. I think I need to read that one, even if I don’t own it.